Saturday, April 29, 2006

Do I learn from previous mistakes?


One is often posed with the question of whether something was a mistake to learn from...
OR if the particular situation, people involved, and timing made the outcome least optimal.

Last Saturday night was an exceptionally busy one that required planning ahead and strategy.

Party 1: Hedge Fund Guys - Surprise B-day Party for a coworker of the PM (coach in The Boob Crusher post) at a Meatpacking District venue.

Party 2: More Hedge Fund Guys - Gigantic Apartment B-day Party of the Jet Setter's friend - who my friend Gold Digger is currently interested in.

Party 3: Finance & Marketing Guys - Artsy Loft Party for a coworker friend of the aforementioned Gold Digger.

Party 4: Questionable Guys (didn't make it so I'm not sure) - B-day Party for the Aspiring Actress' new J-boyfriend's friend at an Awful Venue in Midtown.

Reasons we needed to go to each and every party:
  • An adorable, tall, laid back, and smart foreign coworker of PM (that I made out with & have a crush on) was expected to be at Party 1.
  • It was about time that I met the Jet Setter and he very well could have some good friends for me to date at Party 2.
  • Party 3 was one that we could go to first, arrive early (before 11:30 PM), and start getting our buzz on.
  • Finally, this very tall Jewish guy that I had a slumber party with a few weeks ago could have been at Party 4 and it would have been nice to get the awkward and inevitable running into each other thing out of the way.
Guess what...
I met a guy at the first party we went to - Party 3.

He's tall, older, and dresses well, but he was shy (insecure?)

I could tell he wanted to approach me BUT after his 5th failed attempt of getting the courage, I decided to take matters into my own hands, while my gal pals were having a smoke.

After all, this first encounter would undoubtedly set the precedent man-eater mood for the parties we would attend later on in the evening.

There I was, making something up about juice that I couldn't find and it worked. All he needed was an "in" (a hint that this girl will actually talk to him).

We took up to chatting a bit and then I cut things short when my buddies returned from the cigarette break.

When we were leaving this soiree for Party 1, I said my goodbyes and that's when this gentleman tried to persuade me to stay.

It wasn't happening.... and he just didn't get it! So annoying.

I had to ask him if he wanted my phone number!!! What a disappointment!

Obviously he took it and called me the very same night, but I was already at one of the other functions and so I didn't answer.

It's been a week & I haven't heard from him again.

Should I throw this guy into the same bucket as the Boob Crusher and learn from my mistake?

Are some shy guys okay to date OR are they all insecure with good reason?

If you were wondering - Party 1 was a bummer as the Foreigner didn't show and it was so late by the time we made it to Party 2, that it was pretty much faded out.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit a dry-spell?... Why the lack of posts? Your blog is very entertaining so far.

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger BigAppleBtm said...

You can call it a dry spell, but I prefer to call it an allergy/ sickness/ I-don't-want-to-leave-my-apartment spell...
APART from making out with two guys on a weekday (one of which is gay).
That doesn't fit into the "Don't Date Him NY" category though!

Not to fret, there will be a girl's getaway coming up shortly that will surely bring about some stories.

Thanks for your support :)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think shy guys are ok. being shy doesn't make you fundamentally undatable. i am a shy girl, but a true catch and i know it--i'm not insecure, i just have a hard time making the first move. i say, don't give up on the shy guys--if anything, you know he's not a player.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 1:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's unneccessary to forget the "shy guy" since some guys are just shy like that, but it doesn't neccessarily mean that they're insecure, or less manly, or less tough, they could just be...shy! I know a guy (who is...REALLY REALLY HOT, the kind that you wonder wtf when they're single) and he was painfully shy but he was the captain of the basketball team, really buff, tough, tanned, and again, HOT! So shy doesn't mean anything.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 3:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, I would just like to correct "stephanie"'s comment; you have no idea if a guy is a player or not. omg. hell no. That shy guy I was talking about? Quiet, sneaky, merciless player....

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 3:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

Sunday, September 09, 2007 5:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

Monday, September 10, 2007 6:18:00 AM  
Blogger latinmami29 said...

Shy girls and guys SUCK!! I mean unless your 21 then it's ok it's lack of experience. But come on what's the worst that's going to happen? If you approach hottie they either talk or don't. With more practice it just get's easier. I'd say let him practice cuzz you need someone with experience. You'd be what I call in the advanced placement dating class! He's still in dating 101.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home